This post is brought to you by StarKist and The Motherhood. All opinions and love of tuna are my own.
When I was a kid, my mom made the world’s best tuna fish sandwich. As an adult, it is still one of my favorite comfort food memories of all time. My love for tuna has never gone away, but my tastes seem to change from time to time. Lately, I’ve been craving all things spicy and I also love street food. I combined these two passions and created… Bold Baja Tuna Tostadas!
I was trying to figure out how to create a sauce that I could put on the tuna. It was making the whole, “quick and delicious recipe” process a bit slow. Then I realized that Starkist Tuna had a new line of products that would be perfect for all of us who desire bold and spicy flavors.
StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD offer the perfect delicious & nutritious meal solutions to fit your busy lifestyle and add that extra kick of flavor that all of us fans of spicy are looking for. Each one is a good source of lean protein and only 110 calories or less. They will keep you fueled and your recipes fun and fresh. The pouches are single-serve and they don’t require a can opener or draining. It makes it easy to add a BOLD protein to your favorite recipes, salads, meals and snacks. Or you can just grab a fork and eat straight from the pouch wherever you are.
Tear. Eat. And Go!
There are 6 BOLD varieties:
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Thai Chili Style
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Jalapeño
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Hot Buffalo Style
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Tapatío
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Sriracha
- StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD with Rice & Beans in Hot Sauce
I decided to take the BOLD Tapatío and make a version of one of my favorite street foods…
Bold Baja Tuna Tostadas
- 1 package of corn tostadas
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 package of Mexican crumbling cheese
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage
- 1 pouch of StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Tapatío
- 1 lime
- Warm Tostada in the oven on 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded cabbage, salsa, StarKist Tuna Creations BOLD Tapatío and Mexican crumbling cheese.
- Add squeeze of lime for flavor.
Starkist Tuna Creations BOLD Tapatio is great for my Bold Baja Tuna Tostadas because it fires up your taste buds and hits you with BOLD flavor. Starkist has partnered with Tapatio and added their hot sauce and just a touch of lime juice to their classic chunk light tuna. You can also enjoy it on corn chips, on a salad, in a taco or straight out of the pouch.