It’s that time of year again! The holidays have snuck up on me and my to-do list is a mile long. Even with a lack of free time, I still like to cook up some yummy holiday recipes. One of my family’s favorite treats are Muddy Buddies. They’re sweet, savory, easy to make and almost impossible to put down once you start munching. This year I decided to kick it up a notch and come up with something really decadent… Chocolate Brownie Muddy Buddies.
They also make great gifts for friends and family. My 11-year-old daughter is going to make a batch and give it away in holiday themed gift bags for all of the grandparents.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Chocolate Brownie Muddy Buddies Recipe
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick salted butter
3/4 cup powdered brownie mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Place cereal into a large mixing bowl.
2. Place chocolate chips and butter into a small microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave chocolate and butter for 20 seconds and then stir. Continue microwaving for 10 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring between each interval.
4. Pour melted chocolate over the cereal and stir gently until all pieces are coated.
5. Pour powdered brownie mix over cereal and stir gently.
6. Place the chocolate & brownie battered cereal mixture into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
7. Add powdered sugar to the bag and seal.
8. Shake well until all cereal pieces are coated with powdered sugar.
9. Empty mixture onto waxed paper to cool.