Anyone that has kids will tell you… “I’d love to take the family out to a fancy dinner.” Once school starts, it just doesn’t happen. One kid has drama; the other one has soccer— How do you get everyone together for a meal that is amazing? It doesn’t take FOREVER!! Get some Barilla® Blue Box pasta, Barilla sauce and some fresh ingredients. Let Barilla Help You Cook Your Family A Gourmet Meal!
Let Barilla Help You Cook Your Family A Gourmet Meal
I do most of the cooking in my family. Not that my wife can’t cook, she’s a great cook. But she knows that I LOVE doing it! This summer we went to Europe and I came back with all kinds of recipe ideas. Over the summer I made meals that took up to two hours to prepare. Wonderful gourmet meals. Now that the school year has started, I have less time to cook. So, I decided to figure out how to make some gourmet meals in less than 30 minutes.
One of my newest recipes— Pancetta and Mushroom Pasta —was inspired by Barilla® Blue Box Penne Pasta and Barilla Garlic Alfredo Sauce. I love using Barilla Pasta & Sauces because they help me make Italian-inspired meals that are bursting with taste, texture, and flavors to make every dinner meaningful. Barilla® Blue Box classic line offers endless variety with 38 pasta cuts and they also have 14 sauce varieties. All of the Barilla® Blue Box and Barilla Sauce meal combinations help me during this busy back-to-school time. I don’t spend my entire evening cooking, and that leaves me more time with my family.
Here is a new recipe that we love. I hope your family will enjoy it, too.
Pancetta and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Two 8.5 ounce packages of Barilla Pasta Penne
- 14.5-ounce jar of Barilla Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 4-ounce package of Diced Pancetta
- 8 ounces of Sliced Mushrooms
- Shaved Asiago Cheese
- Cook mushrooms on medium high until they start to shrink. Then set them aside.
- In the same saucepan, cook pancetta on medium-high until crispy.
- Add mushrooms back into the pan with the pancetta and then pour in a jar of Barilla Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook the Barilla Pasta Penne for 60 seconds.
- Toss the sauce and pasta. Then plate.
- Top with pepper and shaved asiago.
For more great back-to-school recipes check out the Barilla website and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Also, follow the hashtag #InTheKitchenWithDad to see all the great stories my friends are sharing.