I’ve got a beautiful new car sitting in my garage right now. It wasn’t always like that. The last car my family and I owned was 11-years-old when we put her out to pasture. Other than some basic things like new tires, windshield wipers, oil changes, etc… We never had one problem with that car. I learned that if I wanted my car to last longer, I needed to do a monthly inspection of my vehicle. These are 5 Tips To Help Your Car Last Longer. These tips are sponsored byÂ ExxonMobilâ€™s Mobil 1â„¢ and Walmart. But I came up with these a few years ago and all opinions are my own.
5 Tips To Help Your Car Last Longer
1. Get your oil changed regularly. Don’t get cheap when it comes to the oil that you put in your car. These days, the notion of changing your oil every 3,000 miles is archaic. Try something that won’t bring you back to your mechanic every 8 weeks and will keep you on the road with peace of mind.Â ExxonMobil saw the problem and has set out to develop the most advanced motor oil ever. It gives drivers the convenience of going one full year (12 months or 20,000 miles) between oil changes. Their new motor oil product gives everyone the benefit of a 1 oil change a year. Who doesn’t like the sound of that?!
2. Change your oil filter. Choosing a good oil filter is more important than you think. The cheaper models can leak and allow dirt into your engine.Â Mobil 1â„¢ Extended Performance oil filter(s) will offer you the peace of mind that comes with buying Mobil 1â„¢ products and proven protection for up to 1 full year (1 year or 20K miles, whichever comes first).
3. Check the air pressure in your tires every month. It’s good for your tires and will get you better mileage. In the long run it will also save you money at the gas pump.
4. Check the fluids often. Learn how to change your antifreeze, power steering, coolant and even your wiper fluid. YouTube has videos for changing all of these. You’d be surprised how easy it is. Make sure to also keep an eye out for leaks of any kind.
5. Replace your windshield wipers as soon as they start to streak. I once ignored this as a younger man and then caught in a horrible snowstorm while I was making my way up a mountain. I promised myself that that would never happen again. It’s a simple thing that will keep you and your family safe.
I read about the newÂ ExxonMobilâ€™s Mobil 1â„¢ Extended Performance products and found out a few things.Â ExxonMobil put Mobil 1â„¢ Annual Protection through a series of rigorous to make sure it met the highest standards of motor oil and motor oil performance. That included a 120,000-mile proof of performance test on three vehicles.Â All three vehicles featured turbocharged, direct-injection engines, which are notoriously tough on oil.
- 2015 Chevy Malibu LT, 2.0L TGDI
- 2015 Lexus NX 200t, 2.0L Turbo
- 2016 Ford Fusion SE, 1.5 L EcoBoost
Even though my car is new, I know that I want to keep it in the best possible condition that I can. Also. the convenience of only changing my oil and oil filter every year to 20,000 miles is a big plus. I went to my local Walmart and picked them up this week. If you can’t find them at your local store just go to Walmart.com and order them.
Use these 5 Tips To Help Your Car Last Longer…
Your car will be glad that you did!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ExxonMobil at Walmart.