If you’ve ever read this website, you realize pretty quickly that I LOVE cupcakes. They are the perfect dessert. Fluffy, creamy, sweet and you can walk around with them. I once walked 500 miles with a cupcake and then I walked 500 more. My favorite is probably a Carrot Cake Cupcake. I don’t even like carrots, but I will crush one of these. This is a recipe that my family loves and I hope you love it too.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
This recipe is divided into two parts: The carrot cake cupcake and cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Carrot Cake Cupcake Instructions:
- Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Beat sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on medium until well blended.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and pecans then stir to mix well.
- Scoop batter into the lined cupcake tins 2/3 s full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack until completely cooled.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP finely chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions:
- Cream the cream cheese, butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn’t cream add the heavy whipping cream.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak. If not add more powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- Scoop the frosting into a large pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- Twist open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Frost cupcakes and top with chopped pecans