I walked outside this morning around 7 am and felt a little nip in the air. I live in South Florida, so by nip in the air, I mean 67 degrees. But, I’ll take what I can get. One thing that I love to cook during the fall months are chicken wings! They’re perfect for a snack, dinner, the big game, entertaining, in the bathtub (Don’t judge!) and just about any other kind of occasion. When I get in the kitchen, I love to experiment and wings are a great test subject. I was feeling something sweet, spicy and with just a hint of garlic. So, I came up with an easy Sriracha Honey Garlic Wings Recipe.
I’m into anything spicy, but sometimes I like to balance out the heat with a little sweet and savory. Lately, I’ve cut out a lot of carbs and especially sugar. I want to be able to eat healthy, but still enjoy the foods that I really like. When you cut out the sugar, you realize that you are limited in the sweeteners that will work for baking. I’ve used honey and agave, I just think they still have a lot of calories and sugar that I don’t need. So, with this recipe I am tryingÂ TruviaÂ® Nectar.
TruviaÂ® Nectar is the latest product in the TruviaÂ® line of great-tasting sweeteners made with stevia leaf extract.
TruviaÂ® Nectar is great for:
- Hot and cold beverages
- Baked goods
- Sauces and dressings
My wings turned out amazing!
Sriracha Honey Garlic Wings
- 3lbs. of thawed chicken wings
- 1/4 cupÂ TruviaÂ® Nectar
- 1/2 cup of Sriracha
- 1 tbsp garlic (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450ÂºF.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels and lay wings in a single layer.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Combine TruvÃaÂ® Nectar, Sriracha and garlic in a large bowl.
- Gently toss wings in sauce until completely coated.