I’ve been waiting for the return of football for what seems like forever. It’s my favorite time of year, and I love coming up with recipes that are perfect for game day. I am about to share with you one of the best dips EVER! My famous Bacon Cheeseburger Dip! Who doesn’t like bacon, burgers, and football?!
I have been crazy for dips for as long as I can remember. It all started with a homemade French onion dip that my mom used to make on special occasions.
As soon as I heard that we were going to a cookout or a holiday party, I would get excited. I knew that mom was going to make her famous dip!
It was a secret family recipe, and I used to sit in the kitchen and watch her make it, paying attention to every ingredient and detail. She would let me be the taste tester… until I started eating it by the spoonful.
To me, party dips are the perfect food. Once I realized that I had a knack for cooking, I’ve been coming up with dip recipes ever since. I make this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe all year long. It’s perfect for game day, sporting events, holidays and friendly get-togethers.
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe
- ½ pound ground beef
- 8 bacon strips diced
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Favorite dippable item (veggie sticks, chip, etc.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground beef then drain.
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, Worcestershire, and ketchup. Add beef, bacon, and garlic to mixture above and stir until combined.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.